Guyatt Park Ferry Terminal.
Southern Stainless fabricated and installed stainless steel, aluminium and steel components all with an extremely high-quality finish.
All stainless steel used was 316 marine grade and mechanically polished to 1000g, then fully electropolished after fabrication creating a surface smoothness of <0.2mm Ra, which increases the stainless's durability and resistance to tea staining.
This project consisted of:
- Balustrade glazing posts from 16mm plate with 13.52mm with toughened laminate glass infill
- The glass also included invisi-sheild coating that gives self-cleaning properties to the glass surface
- Sliding and swinging gates with Makrolon polycarbonate infill panels
- The rollers for the sliding gates were custom machined in-house from solid 316 stainless steel
- 16mm 5083 grade aluminium gangway cover plates
- 4mm 5083 aluminium and steel balustrades for rest area viewing window surrounds
- Included a heavy duty 3 coat paint system in colours Venezia Gold and Falzonal A
- Stainless steel rest area seat frame
- Re-furbished existing mesh panels and handrails feature via mechanical and electropolishing
About Guyatt Park Ferry Terminal:
The upgraded ferry terminal will feature improved accessibility for all passengers and will increase the terminal capacity to cater for current and future demand.