Southern Stainless manufactured and installed stainless, aluminium and steel components all with an extremely high quality finish.
All stainless steel was 316 marine grade and mechanically polished to 1000g, then fully electropolished after fabrication creating a surface smoothness of <0.2mm Ra, which increases the stainless's durability and resistance to tea staining.
This project consisted of:
- Balustrade glazing posts from 16mm plate with 13.52mm with toughened laminate glass infill. The glass also included invisi-sheild coating that gives self-cleaning properties to the glass surface
- Sliding and swinging gates with Makrolon polycarbonate infill panels and thr rollers for the sliding gates were custom machined in-house from solid 316 stainless steel
- Gangway cover plates from 16mm 5083 grade aluminium
- Rest area viewing window surrounds from 4mm 5083 aluminium and steel balustrades that included a heavy duty 3 coat paint system in colours Venezia Gold and Falzonal A
- Stainless rest area seat frame
- Re-furbished existing mesh panels and handrails feature via mechanical and electropolishing
About New Farm Ferry Terminal
The upgraded ferry terminal will feature improved accessibility for all passengers and will increase the terminal capacity to cater for current and future demand.